- Mar 17, 2020
- 0 Comments
Household dryers are a wonderful convenience but also a potential fire hazard.
Kennedy Restoration suggests you follow these tips to help prevent dryer fires:
- Always use a professional installer when purchasing a new dryer. They will provide the proper ventilation material that is critical for usage.
- Regular maintenance is also a good idea, especially if there seems to be a problem with the appliance.
- Clean the lint trap! This is the number one cause of dryer fires and it’s very important to clean the trap after every use and also to regularly remove the lint from the exhaust pipe to avoid overheating.
- Don’t overload your dryer. Overloading the dryer can cause the dryer components to overheat.
- It’s best not to run the dryer when you are away from home or sleeping.
- If at any time you smell gas, vacate the house and call the gas company immediately.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.