It’s spring in Portland! It’s warming up and all sorts of plants are poking their heads out to see if it’s warm enough to start growing. For those who garden, you have most likely already started planning what to put in the ground this year and maybe even started a few seeds! What are the benefits of creating space for a garden, you may ask? Well let me tell you:
- Gardening is great for you health! From the physical exercise planting and maintaining your garden, to the nutritious fruits and vegetable they produce, gardening is a great way to stay in good physical shape. Gardening can reduce stress and be a great project for you and your family to work on together.
- If you are looking to add value to your property, a garden can be a great addition. A well maintained garden can potentially increase the curb appeal of your home. It’s a great way to put your own personal touch on the landscaping of your property.
- Having a garden can has a positive impact on the environment! A well groomed lawn and healthy plants can reduce urban pollutants around your property.
- You don’t need acres of land or even a yard to start your own garden! Plants can happily grow when potted or contained as long as they are well tended to and maintained.
- The final product! What’s better than enjoying a tomato that you cultivated and nurtured from the seed to your table? Knowing the source and quality of the food you feed your family is reason enough to start your garden!
Why do you garden? What would you add to this list?